Tuesday, February 1, 2011




For this 3D cube project, I created a cube corner to graph my points to show my real 3D shape. My original function was x+4y+2z=4.I then had to plug in the variables I had for x,y,z. They were (x,y,z). When I plug that into the equation it remains the same function 3x+4y+2z=4. Next I had to find all the variable intercepts. To find the x-intercept I made y and z equal 0 then canceled out 4y and 2z, then I divided 3 to both sides and got x=4.To get y-intercept I did the same thing make x and z 0 leaving me with 4y then divided 4 to both sides to get y=1. Last but not least z I made x and y equal 0 and that leaves me with 2z so I divided 2 to both sides having z=2.I then graphed my intercepts on the correct axis , 4 on the x-axis , 1 on the y-axis and 2 on the z-axis and now I have completed my 3D section of the cube. The materials I used to create this project were folders graph paper and yarn.
Intercepts :
(4,0,0)
(0,1,0)
(0,0,2)

No comments: