Thursday, May 5, 2011

Chapter 7 How to do Make a Budget


STEP 1 CHOOSE A CAREER
For this project, I chose Computer Software Engineering to be my career.

STEP 2 CHOOSE A COLLEGE AND PAY FOR IT
1. UC Davis
2. Tuition for all 4 years: $120,540
3. How to pay for college:
A. Parents Savings: N/A
B. Summer Job: N/A
C. SCHOLARSHIPS
a. KIWIN'S – $500-$20,000. I am a KIWIN’S officer, and I have been servicing the community and I have been a devoted KIWIN’S Member.
b. AXA Achievement – $10-000-$25,000 I qualify for all the requirements & demonstrate achievement in a non-academic activity or project.
c. Wells Fargo – $1,000, I am US citizen & high school sophomore.
d. ESA Foundation Scholarship - $330-$5000. ESA Foundation Scholarship Program’s requirements apply to me.
e. Bay Area Family Funds - $5000, US Citizen, California resident
f. Free Mason Scholarship - $10,000 US Citizen & resident of CA
g. California Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship - $1500 I meet the requirements
h. Chesla Scholarship - $2000 I meet the requirments
i. Jackie Robinson Scholarship - $6000 I am an Asian minority
j. Horatioalger Scholarship - $4000. I meet the requirements
D.Financial Aid Grants:
a. Academic Competitiveness Grant ($2,050) – eligible for pell grant also & meet eligibilities be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen etc.
b. Pell Grant ($5,550) – eligible & fasfa=DONE

STEP 3 STUDENT LOANS

Financial Aid Loans: $46,040 – repay in 10 years


STEP 4 FIND A JOB
1. Job: Systems Engineer for traffic data collection systems at Sensys Networks
2. Salary: $8333 a month
a. Annual Salary: $99996
b. The site stated: Excellent salary, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life, matching 401(K). Flexible hours, free parking, free lunch on Fridays.

STEP 5 FIND A PLACE TO LIVE IN
1. Apartment in Berkeley - $800 a month. The description said that all utilities are paid for.

STEP 6 TRANSPORTATION
Bus = $2 each time or $80 a month for a clipper card
Bart = Varies on destination

No comments: