Monday, November 8, 2010

Chapter 2 Project





















For the Chapter 2 project, I picked the car Honda Accord Sedan. First, I found out the mileages of this car while the speeds were (50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75). Next, I sketched a line that best fit the graph. According to the line that going down on the graph, I found it was Negative Correlation. Then I used two points on the line to find the slope which was -0.3. Then I used the point-slope form to write an equation of the data which was y=-0.3x+36. Next, I used the graphing calculation to find correlation coefficient which was r=-0.97. The value of r tells me that the mileage will go down if the speed goes up. The equation that best fit the line was
y=-0.33x+37.02. I predict that the speed was 45.5 mph for a mileage of 22 mpg. And I predict the mileage was 22.17 mpg for a speed of 45 mph.









No comments: